Deep renovation of “El Garrofer” school in Viladecans to meet nZEB standard
This project was contracted by Viladecans municipality based on the results of a previous study of the capacity of Deep renovation of three schools contracted previously by Area Metropolitana de Barcelona.
The project of deep renovation of “El Garrofer” school aims to renew the building so as to meet the Pasivhaus standard and have a nearly zero energy building (nZEB).
This building was built in 1974 according to a prototype project that was replicated at that time in cases of urgency to open new centres. This means that the project was not adapted to the site and does not consider the urban situation, the orientation, etc.…
The users of the building have a lack of comfort in winter and in summer and require solar and daylight control systems.
The project includes the following interventions:
- Replacement of window frames and glasses
- Thermal isolation on the outdoor side of the façades and roof
- Introduction of airtightness layer in the façade
- Controlled ventilation system
- Improvement of lighting performance
- Incorporation of solar control louvers
Authors: Berta Pujol i Micheel Wassouf
Client: AMB. Àrea Metropolitana de Barcelona
Budget: 940.000 € (PEM)